Home is already a space that induces a sense of calmness but how about taking it to another level? Ever thought of a spa at home? Well, don’t fret, let me help you create an unbelievable spa experience at home only with the help of some scents and essential oils infused into the wax that we call, “Aromatic candles”. Not only does it help to unwind and relax but also to escape the stresses of the day and indulge in a truly rejuvenating experience.
A study conducted by the National Library of Medicine on PCI patients concluded that aromatherapy effectively reduced the anxiety levels and increased the sleep quality of the patients and can be used as an independent nursing intervention for the same. (National Library of Medicine.nd..)
Aromatherapy has been used for centuries in various cultures around the world. It is a practice that harnesses the aromatic properties of plant-derived potent essential oils to enhance emotional, physical and mental well-being.
When inhaled, the scent molecules in essential oils travel from the olfactory nerves directly to the brain and especially impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain alleviating conditions like anxiety, depression and stress.
Selecting the Perfect Aromatic Candles
For an impeccable experience and desired ambience, it is essential to select the perfect aromatic candles and here’s how you can do that:
- Determine the atmosphere and ambience you want to create.
- Look for candles made from natural waxes and oils.
- Also, consider the size and burn time of the candles.
Let me help you narrow down your choices by helping you understand what difference these scents or aromas make to your mood and setting:
- Single Note Fragrances: A single scent featuring candles that have a simplified and specific fragrance, like, lavender, vanilla or citrus.
- Floral Scents: These candles have blended the essence of various flowers bringing a sense of elegance to the space. Examples include a fusion of rose and lilac or jasmine and lavender.
- Fruity scents: Also termed as uplifting scents, candles from this category feature energised and vibrant settings. Ingredients usually are orange, grapefruit or tropical fruits.
- Woody and earthy scents: These candles create a warm and grounding ambience and are made up of sandalwood, cedar, pine etc.
- Herbal Scents: They revitalise and evoke a sense of freshness made from the herbs such as eucalyptus, mint, basil etc.
Setting the Mood
Okay, let us get the ball rolling:
- Light the candles.
- Dim the lights.
- Place the candles strategically around the space.
- Add soothing music.
- Use warm towels for an extra touch of comfort.
- Ensure the “todays’s checklist” has been ticked off to avoid unnecessary stress and thoughts.
And you are good to go. I already feel like doing it up right away!!
Safety Precautions and Best Practices
- Always opt for high-quality aromatic candles with natural and non-toxic ingredients.
- Select the fragrance according to your desired setting and ambience.
- Trim the wick before lighting the candle to promote even burn.
- Place candles in a strategic manner to ensure even dispersion of the scent throughout the space.
- Make sure to check the total burning time instruction and monitor accordingly.
- Keep the candles away from curtains and other flammable materials.
Exploring Other Uses for Aromatic Candles
Apart from the therapeutic benefits, aromatic candles can be used to serve multiple purposes such as:
- It can be added as a home decor element to elevate the look and feel of the space.
- These candles are a good replacement for air fresheners owing to their long-lasting fragrance and duration.
- These candles can also be used for aromatherapy at home.
- They can also be used to create a calming and focused atmosphere promoting concentration and productivity.
- They serve as a perfect element to create a celebratory ambience on special occasions.
- These also make great gifts for any occasion.
From the therapeutic benefits of aromatherapy to the aesthetic appeal, these candles have become an essential tool for self-care, ambience, and personal well-being. Creating a spa experience at home couldn’t get any easier and more effective for a better quality of mind and life! I can swear by these Zarfi aromas and strongly recommend them. CTA: Explore now.