Can you hear that? Sleigh bells, carols, Christmas songs on the radio, Christmas flicks on the TV and Santa’s Ho Ho! It’s that time of the year again….it’s Christmas Time! Are you all geared up for this magical time of the year when hot chocolate, cookies and cakes become a staple diet and Christmas decorating ideas occupy your Pinterest and Instagram feed.
Home decor for Christmas has a very magical charm to it. The tinsels, wreath, candy canes, reindeers, greens and reds wrap the home in a wonderland vibe.
In this blog, we will share some Xmas home decor ideas that will help you create this vibe. Make sure you bookmark it right away!
Exterior Elegance - Christmas House Decorations
You know what we love the most about Christmas house decorations? The stars, lights, trees and wreath that people put on their doors, balconies and porches. They give it a whole fairytale vibe.
- Though Christmas has no strict color scheme, red and green tend to get the job done when it comes to spreading holiday cheer.
- Look for ways to maximize what you already have. It isn't necessary to buy all-new decor. You can reuse elements—like ribbons, ornaments, bells, or potted plants—year after year to mingle with your new seasonal finds.
- Pinecones stand in for flowers as the volume makers in this bouquet. If you are lucky enough to find a few still on the branches, snag them from your yard. Otherwise, you can buy them at your local crafts store.
- Dusty miller greenery adds a touch of softness to the Christmas room decor, and the magnolia leaves, pine, and a sprig of holly berries round out the arrangement.
- Think beyond vases. Let pretty vessels, like julep cups, vintage glassware, or family heirloom goblets show off your Christmas house decorations.
- Make your own tree top by bundling together a group of curly silver sticks from your local craft store, and wire the creation to the top of your tree.
- Decorate the rest of your tree with bright, equally glitzy colors like hot pink and gold.
- Let ribbons, not cut flowers, be your big Christmas splurge. They're reusable, unfussy, and an easy way to add color to greenery in passthrough spaces like the entry.
- Bring Christmas decor ideas to every corner of your home. Look for out-of-the-way display areas, such as the top of a chest, to add sparkle and shine.
Cozy Comfort - Xmas Home Decor
Christmas is all about the cozy vibes and your Xmas decoration ideas should definitely reflect that. Here are a few cozy and comfy Christmas day decoration ideas you can conduct:
- Include wooden decor accents like crates and vintage sleds and skis.
- Use natural elements like birch logs, evergreens, and natural Christmas trees.
- Make sure there are plenty of soft blankets and throw pillows around.
- Light candles and turn on twinkle lights any time of the day.
- Try the winter wonderland theme for your tree by decorating it in white.
- Use loads of soft fabric. Mix and match solids with prints and embroidered ones
- Pick a bold, dominant color and use it wisely
Living Room Enchantment - Christmas Decor Ideas for Living Room
Don’t forget, there are chances no one will visit your bedroom during Christmas so make sure you put in some extra effor into Christmas decor ideas for living room.
We’ve curated a couple for you so that you can proudly flaunt your Christmas house decorations with the most magical Christmas decor ideas for living room.
- If you want to switch it up from the traditional greenery Christmas garlands, making a dried fruit garland is a fantastic alternative.
- A stout tree tucked in a corner, wreaths and garlands that sit up and away from floor space or simply a change of cushion covers or throws to something more festive can have a wonderful impact.
- Adding a small Christmas tree doesn't have to be modest in decoration.
- Use th right scents to set the mood. The scent of the season is always evocative – warming cinnamon and orange, and fresh pine needles are unmistakably festive.
- If you use an artificial tree, scented paper tube sticks can nestle among the decorations providing a real fern smell.
- Wrapping up empty boxes in colourful paper and ribbons has to be one of the most affordable and impactful decorating details
- Forgo bottles of booze on the drink carts and pile on multicoloured gift wrapped boxes instead, fill awkward corners add a few on windowsills or create a pile in front of an unused fireplace.
- Indulging and taking on the "more is more" philosophy is a fool-proof method for creating an inviting and playground-like space for those creative souls to explore and let their imaginations run wild.
Bedroom Bliss - Christmas Room Decor
We’re covering one room at a time. Next one is the bedroom. Your bedroom should actually be inception point of your Christmas decorating ideas. We’ve found a few Christmas room decor ideas that you can easily use to spruce up your room!
- Adding faux fur to the bedroom Christmas decorating ideas that comes in sweet undertones and rustic Boho shades can add an earthy feel to your room. (Zarf can become your mini shopping mall for this idea!)
- Introduce temporal accessories like bedding, throws, holiday-themed cushions, or a Christmas wall hanging
- Add Christmas gnomes and little figurines to the kids’ Christmas room decor.
- Dream of a white Christmas with the help of a snow-covered tree and a flocked wreath above the bed.
- Put a Christmas tree in your bedroom and decorate it just the way you like it.
- Drape a plain pine garland over the bedhead and crown it with a matching wreath.
- Add a warm glow to your icy retreat with Christmas lights draped over the headboard and a cozy wool throw.
- A chest of drawers is an opportune space for bedroom Christmas decor. Opt for a mini-flocked tree or a Christmas village scene.
- Hang an Advent calendar on an empty bedroom wall to create a personalized holiday look.
- Introduce a little silky fluff to the room with minimal room colours and silky softness that can further make your Christmas decor ideas festive and cozy.
DIY Wonders - DIY Christmas Decorations
Any kind of home decoration is incomplete without DIY. Why should Christmas house decorations be any different? So, here are a few DIY Xmas decorations and DIY holiday decorations that you can incorporate into your home decor for Christmas.
- Add a little bit of fun and sophistication to your DIY Xmas decorations with a colorful Pom Pom Wreath. All you’ll need is a foam wreath form, pom-poms in an array of sizes and colors, and a hot glue gun or fabric glue.
- After sprucing your Christmas tree, take pieces of leftover pine branches and create these perfectly rustic mason jar Christmas lanterns. Add a tea light on top of the branches, then decorate the mason jar with Christmas ribbon and seasonal items like pine cones. Dim the lights and enjoy the glow of your homemade lanterns.
- Spruce up your dining setup with personalized candles at each place. Sprinkle some fake snow in a glass jar before adding your tea light. Finish it off with a cute tag.
- Create a paper lantern village on your mantel or dining room table. After creating houses out of white cardstock, place an electric tea light behind each to create a warm and cheery glow.
- String ornaments on a wire to create a sparkly and festive wreath. It’s extra elegant when you stick to a single color but vary the finish—try matte, glossy, and glittery baubles.
- Create wooden Christmas figurines like Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa. You’ll need are some thick pieces of wood and some acrylic paint.
- Use leftover cardboard to create little Christmas houses that have a classic feel. Decorate them with glitter glue for some extra pizzazz.
Xmas Extravaganza - Xmas Tree Decorations Ideas
We’ve saved the best one for the last. So, let’s get to the show stopper of the Xmas home decor: the Christmas tree! Try out these DIY Christmas decorations and Christmas decor ideas to create the dreamiest Christmas tree.
- Matching your ornaments to your wrapping paper is a great way to add cohesion to your Christmas tree setup.
- Create a vintage Christmas tree. Skip the star, and top your tree with a vintage tree topper. Give your tree a retro feel with red, green, and gold trimmings—including ornaments, ribbon, garland, décor, and more.
- Instead of sticking with red and gold, opt for bright colors, unconventional colours.
- Trim a flocked tree with colorful ornaments, then tuck unexpected greenery—like eucalyptus leaves—into branches for a whimsical, yet elegant DIY holiday decorations.
- For a stunning tree that looks professionally decorated, stick to elegant elements like glass ornaments, mercury glass, and glitter berries in silver and gold.
- Embrace the saying "less is more". Pick up a fluffy evergreen, then wrap it in a soft, white tree skirt and decorate the branches with a simple wooden garland and white polymer clay ornaments.
We hope we have covered a plethora of Christmas decor ideas for living room, Christmas room decor, home decor for Christmas, DIY Christmas decorations and DIY holiday decorations that will give you and your family that magical Christmas experience. Add to this Christmas charm and spirit with Zarf’s exquisite range of home decor range.